This guide has been created for BIOL 491. Explore the tabs above to learn about:
- Primary Sources
- What are primary sources?
- What are secondary sources?
- Primary vs. secondary sources (video)
- Research vs. review articles (video)
- Examples of primary and secondary sources for science
- What is peer-reviewed?
- Scholarly? Peer-reviewed?? Refereed???
- Peer-review in 5 minutes (video)
- Determining if your article is peer-reviewed
- Substantive and trade periodicals
- Popular magazines
- Scholarly vs. popular
- Searching for Articles
- How to access databases (video)
- How to access e-journals (vide0)
- Searching Web of Science (video)
- General searching tips
If you have any questions while using this guide, please contact your subject librarian (my contact information is to the right) or the reference desk at (701) 231-8886 or by using the Ask Us instant messaging box to the right of the screen.
NDSU Libraries' Services and Collections
These links will point you to general help on using the NDSU Libraries' services and collections.
Other Helpful Guides
Try these other useful guides.
office: 111 Library