Find books, journal articles, relevant websites, news, and more for your Food Safety research.
Last Updated: May 19, 2016
- AIB International
Committed to protecting the safety of the global food supply chain and delivering high value educational and technical programs.
- AMI (American Meat Institute)
Information for the meat and poultry packing industry about food safety, labeling, economics & trade, animal welfare; includes information, guidelines, laws & regulations and statistical data.
- Briefing Room - Food Safety (U.S. Government - Economic Research Service)
ERS food-safety research examines how markets, consumers, and regulators interact to provide safe food, analyzes the economic efficiency of these interactions, and informs public sector food-safety policies.
- e-Answers - Your Extension Information Source (American Distance Education Consortium)
Extension Service publications from U.S. Land Grant universities. A publicly available searchable database with links to full text. Covers a broad spectrum of agricultural topics.
- Estimates of Foodborne Illness in the United States (U.S. Government - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC estimates that each year roughly 1 in 6 Americans (or 48 million people) gets sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die of food-borne diseases.
- Food (U.S. Government - Food and Drug Administration)
Includes news fact sheets, documents and links. Topics include biotechnology, consumer advice, food additives, pesticides, food-borne illness, food labeling, nutrition information, imports, inspections, HACCP, and more.
- Food Safety and Inspection Service (U.S. Government - Food Safety and Inspection Service)
FSIS is responsible for ensuring the safety of meat, poultry and egg products in the U.S. FSIS conducts food inspections, furnishes information on testing protocols and food safety analysis. The FSIS site is browse-able and searchable.
- Food Safety and Inspection Service Recalls (U.S. Government - Food Safety and Inspection Service)
Current food recalls from USDA’s Food Safety Inspection Service.
- Food Safety at CDC (U.S. Government - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Food-related diseases affect tens of millions of people and kill thousands. Tracking single cases of food-borne illness and investigating outbreaks are critical public health functions in which CDC is deeply involved. Search or browse the convenient Foodborne Illness A-Z list to find descriptions of food-borne illnesses from Amebiasis through Yersinia enterocolitica.
- Food Safety Education (U.S. Government - Food Safety and Inspection Service)
Consumer oriented site with information, and ask-an-exert features.
- Food Safety Research Information Office (U.S. Government - National Agricultural Library)
Collects, organizes and disseminates food safety research information.