After completing this tutorial students will be able to:
- Identify when they need information
- Find information using a variety of information resources
- Create an effective and efficient search strategy
- Critically evaluate the quality of the information they find
- Access and use information in an ethical and legal manner
Was this tutorial helpful?
Welcome to the NDSU Libraries' Research Tutorial. The tutorial consists of six sections which are designed to increase your awareness of the resources available to you at the NDSU Libraries and to help you develop your research and critical evaluation skills for your course work. The tutorial can be completed at your own pace and does not have to be finished in one sitting. You are welcome back at any time to review the information in this tutorial.
Please start this tutorial by reviewing the learning objectives to the left. Each section of the tutorial also has a few learning objectives you should review before beginning to work through the section.
Read through the tutorial in order and check your understanding by answering the questions at the end of each section. Click here to begin.
Educational Services Librarian